Tallest Giraffe Productions

Sunday, September 21, 2008

My new film project

People have asked me what this film is about, and my first answer was "sharing the Gomez love." But I suppose it is more about sharing my own Gomez love. Not just my admiration and respect for the band but also my enthusiasm for the community surrounding them, the folks I've been interacting with on the message board for the last few years. We've been talking about making a film about this for a while, and the upcoming show in Chicago was the impetus I needed, since hardly anyone from the list came to the most recent shows in my neck of the woods.

So what is it I want to see through the lens of my camera? What visual evidence might I find supporting my film idea? It's a long shot, one that pans across a music-mad woman, a few people close to her who she's hauled aboard the Gomez bandwagon, and the message board community. Other materials on hand: the interview (audio only, sadly) I did of them a few years back, messages from the message boards, my "fan fiction" (Gomez figures in one of my novels)... but I'm getting away from the visual here. I have to find a way to do this on film, and that is one of my goals for the next week-and-a-half. The other is to prepare technically, so I get decent sound quality and images when it's time.

I'm really hoping to meet some of the Poi Dog folks on my journey, too. Think they'd enjoy a Gomez show?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home