Tallest Giraffe Productions

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Telling tales

In delving into disclosure and storytelling territory, I find that reaching out to others is a good thing, and almost never yields what I would expect. But I know that the more I do and the more I put my own ideas out there, the better. I have to believe that, anyway, or what would be the point? I need to do something, and it can be something that has meaning to me and I hope touches others. And the theme keeps circling back to music: the inspiration that provides the texture and drama for the things I want to do, that makes it okay to continue yearning for more experiences and reading between the lines for more meanings.

*

Here are today's ideas, brewed up on Wonderland Lake trail this morning (until I saw a mountain lion print and turned myself right around and went back down the trail -- my daughter is right to be afraid of those big cats):

1. I got to wondering, what does the waste stream at a place like Outlast or any of the cutting edge fabric manufacturers look like? The ones who make the amazing fabric the skiers wear to protect themselves from impact at high speeds and breathe just the right amount for any conditions. Are there pieces big enough to use for making clothing for police and emts in North Dakota? Because it's nice that rich people can afford this stuff, and super-athletes, but what about the rest of us? Is there a way to divert some of the waste stream where it could really do some good? Making protective clothing for someone I haven't thought of yet.

2. I keep thinking about that film where someone has impressions of what the other person is thinking (or has experienced) and how to represent that. c/b Mickey's series of stills. Time to go back and watch Wings of Desire, find how the person's consciousness rises to the top of the angel's awareness through sound and image.

ttfn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home